You know what's the best way to introduce children to the game?, We expose some tips from our blog of Health. The game can become a great ally to teach our children to be more responsible, learn to socialize or make decisions.
The known child psychologist and director of BIEM Center, Rocío Ramos-Paul, explains Site Your First Console ten tips to introduce children to the world of video games, and exemplified by cases in which different institutions and schools have been availed themselves of the advantages of the favorite games of children as a Trojan horse to teach subjects like Economics, English, Emotional Education or manage a business.
"The digital entertainment in children is a reality that can not be ignored. Prohibit its use is not the solution "sentence psychologist. So instead of burning machines that allow the Industrial Revolution, better exploit them. An example: Dew ensures that video games that simulate social relationships can be exploited for the children to see how you can react to conflict situations. Sonia Martinez, an expert psychologist Emotional Education, agrees, and not only that, but has used Tomodachi Life (simulator in which the child lives with characters created by himself) to teach social skills to elementary students.
"Video games can be a fun way for both children and parents stick out to new technologies together," said Ramos-Pául psychologist. The key is, as he says, to find a hobby with which to spend time together and with that also the father can establish control over the content of the game.
So you can educate video games Video games do not have to educate themselves, but it seems that some do may take you a cable Bankinter, for example, has used the game Animal Crossing:. New Leaf to teach Economy Third Primary children from several schools of the Community of Madrid. The Animal Shelter of the Community of Madrid (CIAAM) Nintendogs + Cats work with to ensure that the prospective adoptive pet are aware of the responsibility that comes with owning a dog; and kidswear brand Trasluz taught the basics to start a business fashion for children 13 to 17 years with New Style Boutique game during camps organized in summer.
How to introduce children to the game
Rocío Ramos-Paul has developed a Decalogue to help any inexperienced parent to introduce your children to the world of videogames.
- Play with your child, find a hobby with which to spend time together and may establish control over the content of the game.
- The digital entertainment in children is a reality that can not be ignored. If our children associate videogame moments of dispersion and have other activities will be educated in the distribution of their free time.
- To play a video game we should first consider whether the child is able to play without obsessing: must understand the rules of use and to understand that their parents will allow you to play or not.
- Prohibit use is not the solution: define the rules, the consequences of breaking them and be consistent in applying them, yes. Thus the child acquire self.
- Many videogames accompany the development of imagination, creativity, foster care and stimulate memory. Know before you buy a game.
- Many games have implicit relate to others favoring the development of social skills.
- If you are concerned about inappropriate content, ask the experts, and if the console allows, restrict them with Parental Control.
- Play is much simpler than it seems. Turn on the console and let the game go guiding him so you can share that experience with their children.
- Increased difficulty in a game is parallel to increase the skills necessary to overcome: this may be good for self-esteem of the child.
- Video games can be a fun way for you and your children will stick out to new technologies together.
For further information, we suggest you read our article " The game and its benefits "
What do you think these tips to introduce children to the game?
This entry passed-through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.